What is the antonym of “exhibitionistic”?
The antonyms of exhibitionistic are modest and unassuming. The antonyms modest and unassuming convey a humble and unpretentious demeanor. It implies a lack of desire to draw attention to oneself.
Brief Definitions of the Antonym(s)
Learn when and how to use these words with these examples!
Having or showing a humble and unpretentious attitude, especially regarding one's achievements or abilities.
She was a modest person who never boasted about her accomplishments.
Not pretentious or arrogant; modest.
Despite his wealth, he remained an unassuming person who treated everyone with respect.
How are these antonyms different from each other?
- 1Modest refers to a humble and unpretentious attitude, especially regarding one's achievements or abilities.
- 2Unassuming refers to a lack of pretension or arrogance, often accompanied by a modest demeanor.
Good things to know
- 1Social Interactions: Use modest and unassuming to describe people who are humble and unpretentious.
- 2Self-Description: Use these antonyms to describe yourself in a job interview or personal statement.
- 3Writing: Utilize these antonyms in narratives to create characters with distinct personalities.