What is the antonym of “expedited”?
The antonyms of expedited are delayed, slowed, and impeded. These words convey a sense of slowing down, hindering, or obstructing the progress of something.
Brief Definitions of the Antonym(s)
Learn when and how to use these words with these examples!
Happening later than expected or planned.
Due to the heavy traffic, the delivery was delayed by two hours.
Reduced the speed or pace of something.
The construction work on the highway has slowed down the traffic in the area.
Obstructed or hindered the progress of something.
The heavy snowfall impeded the rescue team's efforts to reach the stranded hikers.
How are these antonyms different from each other?
- 1Delayed implies that something is happening later than expected or planned.
- 2Slowed suggests that something is taking longer than usual due to reduced speed or pace.
- 3Impeded means that something is being obstructed or hindered in its progress.
Good things to know
- 1Business Communication: Use these antonyms to describe the progress of projects, deliveries, or orders.
- 2Daily Conversations: Incorporate these words to express delays or setbacks in everyday situations.
- 3Writing: Utilize these antonyms in narratives to create tension or conflict in stories.