What is the antonym of “experiment”?
The antonyms of experiment are certainty, proof, and established fact. These words convey a sense of sureness or confidence in a particular outcome or result.
Brief Definitions of the Antonym(s)
Learn when and how to use these words with these examples!
The state of being completely confident or sure about something.
There is no certainty that the new product will be successful.
Evidence or argument establishing a fact or the truth of a statement.
The DNA test provided proof that he was innocent.
How are these antonyms different from each other?
- 1Certainty refers to a state of complete confidence or sureness.
- 2Proof is evidence or argument that establishes a fact or the truth of a statement.
- 3Established fact is a fact that has been proven to be true beyond any doubt.
Good things to know
- 1Academic Writing: Use certainty, proof, and established fact to establish credibility and support arguments.
- 2Legal Writing: Incorporate these antonyms to prove a point or establish the truth in legal documents.
- 3Everyday Conversation: Utilize these words to express a high degree of confidence or certainty in a particular outcome or result.