What is the antonym of “exprobrate”?
The antonyms of exprobrate are praise and commend. The antonyms praise and commend convey a positive or approving sentiment. It implies an expression of admiration, approval, or respect.
Brief Definitions of the Antonym(s)
Learn when and how to use these words with these examples!
To express warm approval or admiration of someone or something.
The teacher praised the student for his excellent performance in the exam.
To express approval or admiration of someone or something formally or officially.
The manager commended the employee for his hard work and dedication to the company.
How are these antonyms different from each other?
- 1Praise is a general term that describes an expression of warm approval or admiration.
- 2Commend is a more formal term that describes an expression of approval or admiration in an official or formal setting.
Good things to know
- 1Enhance Communication: Use praise and commend to express admiration and approval effectively.
- 2Show Gratitude: Incorporate antonyms in conversations to show appreciation and gratitude.
- 3Enrich Writing: Utilize these antonyms in writing to create a positive tone and convey a sense of approval and admiration.
The antonyms have distinct nuances: Praise conveys general admiration, while commend refers to a formal or official expression of approval. Use these words to enhance communication, show gratitude in conversations, and enrich writing by creating a positive tone and conveying a sense of approval and admiration.