What is the antonym of “fishiest”?
The antonyms of fishiest are trustworthy, reliable, and credible. These words convey a sense of trust, dependability, and believability.
Brief Definitions of the Antonym(s)
Learn when and how to use these words with these examples!
Deserving of trust or confidence; dependable.
She is a trustworthy friend who always keeps her promises.
Consistently good in quality or performance; able to be trusted.
The car has been very reliable over the years and has never broken down.
Able to be believed; convincing.
The news report was so well-researched and presented that it was highly credible.
How are these antonyms different from each other?
- 1Trustworthy refers to a person or thing that can be relied on to keep their word or perform as expected.
- 2Reliable refers to something that consistently performs well and can be depended on.
- 3Credible refers to something that is believable and convincing.
Good things to know
- 1In Business: Use these antonyms to describe products, services, and people in business settings.
- 2In Academia: Use these antonyms to evaluate sources and arguments in academic writing.
- 3In Personal Relationships: Use these antonyms to describe people's character traits in personal relationships.
The antonyms trustworthy, reliable, and credible convey a sense of trust, dependability, and believability. Use these words to describe people, products, and services in business settings, evaluate sources and arguments in academic writing, and describe people's character traits in personal relationships.