Definitions and Examples of portable, removable
Learn when and how to use these words with these examples!
Capable of being easily carried or moved, especially because of being lightweight and compact.
The new laptop is so portable that you can take it anywhere with you.
Able to be taken off or detached from a particular place or object.
The cushions on the sofa are removable for easy cleaning.
Key Differences: portable vs removable
- 1Portable refers to something that can be easily carried or moved from one place to another.
- 2Removable refers to something that can be taken off or detached from a particular place or object.
Effective Usage of portable, removable
- 1Interior Design: Use fixture to describe permanent installations and removable or portable to describe temporary ones.
- 2Furniture Shopping: Use removable to describe furniture pieces that have detachable parts or covers.
- 3Travel: Use portable to describe items that are easy to carry while traveling.
The antonyms of fixture are portable and removable. Use fixture to describe permanent installations, removable to describe detachable objects, and portable to describe items that are easy to carry.