What is the antonym of “flagged”?
The antonyms of flagged are ignore and disregard. The antonyms ignore and disregard convey a lack of attention or action towards something that was previously noticed or brought to one's attention.
Brief Definitions of the Antonym(s)
Learn when and how to use these words with these examples!
Refuse to take notice of or acknowledge; disregard intentionally.
He chose to ignore the warning signs and ended up regretting it later.
Pay no attention to; treat as unworthy of consideration or respect.
She decided to disregard his advice and do things her own way.
How are these antonyms different from each other?
- 1Ignore implies a conscious decision not to pay attention to something or someone.
- 2Disregard suggests a lack of respect or consideration towards something or someone.
Good things to know
- 1Communication: Use ignore and disregard to express a lack of attention or action towards something.
- 2Instructions: Use ignore and disregard to give instructions on what not to do.
- 3Warnings: Use ignore and disregard to warn against certain actions or behaviors.