What is the antonym of “flagrancy”?
The antonyms of flagrancy are inconspicuousness and subtlety. The antonyms inconspicuousness and subtlety convey a sense of being unobtrusive or not easily noticeable. They imply a lack of obviousness or flamboyance.
Brief Definitions of the Antonym(s)
Learn when and how to use these words with these examples!
The quality of not attracting attention or being easily noticed.
The spy was able to blend in with the crowd due to his inconspicuousness.
The quality of being delicate, understated, or nuanced.
The artist's use of subtlety in her paintings added depth and complexity to her work.
How are these antonyms different from each other?
- 1Inconspicuousness refers to something that is not easily noticeable or attracts little attention.
- 2Subtlety refers to something that is delicate, nuanced, or understated.
Good things to know
- 1Enhance Writing: Use inconspicuousness and subtlety to add variety and depth to your writing.
- 2Improve Vocabulary: Incorporate these antonyms in your vocabulary to improve your language skills.
- 3Express Ideas: Utilize these antonyms to express ideas effectively and accurately.
The antonyms have distinct nuances: Inconspicuousness conveys a sense of being unobtrusive or not easily noticeable, while subtlety implies delicacy, nuance, or understatement. Use these words to enhance your writing, improve your vocabulary, and express ideas effectively and accurately.