What is the antonym of “flapper”?
The antonyms of flapper are conventional and traditional. The antonyms conventional and traditional describe a more conservative and conformist lifestyle, which is the opposite of the free-spirited and unconventional flapper.
Brief Definitions of the Antonym(s)
Learn when and how to use these words with these examples!
Following traditional standards and attitudes; conformist.
She preferred a conventional wedding with a white dress and a church ceremony.
Relating to or based on customs, beliefs, or practices that have been established for a long time.
He celebrated Christmas in a traditional way by decorating the tree and singing carols.
How are these antonyms different from each other?
- 1Conventional refers to following traditional standards and attitudes, while flapper is known for being unconventional and free-spirited.
- 2Traditional refers to customs, beliefs, or practices that have been established for a long time, while flapper represents a new and modern lifestyle.
Good things to know
- 1Enhance Vocabulary: Use conventional and traditional to describe people or things that are not modern or unconventional.
- 2Cultural Awareness: Incorporate these antonyms in discussions about different lifestyles and cultural norms.
- 3Historical Context: Use these words to describe the social norms and values of different historical periods.
The antonyms of flapper are conventional and traditional. While flapper represents a new and modern lifestyle, conventional and traditional refer to more conservative and conformist ways of living. Use these words to enhance vocabulary, cultural awareness, and historical context.