Definitions and Examples of modesty, simplicity
Learn when and how to use these words with these examples!
The quality or state of being unassuming or moderate in the estimation of one's abilities or achievements.
Despite her success, she maintained a sense of modesty and never boasted about her accomplishments.
The quality or condition of being easy to understand or do; the absence of complexity or elaboration.
The simplicity of the design made it easy to use and accessible to everyone.
Key Differences: modesty vs simplicity
- 1Modesty is a personal trait that describes a person's attitude towards their abilities or achievements.
- 2Simplicity is a characteristic of things that are easy to understand or do.
Effective Usage of modesty, simplicity
- 1Express Humility: Use modesty to describe people who are humble and unassuming.
- 2Describe Objects: Use simplicity to describe things that are easy to use, understand, or do.
- 3Encourage Minimalism: Use these antonyms to encourage a preference for simplicity and minimalism in lifestyle and design.
The antonyms have distinct nuances: Modesty conveys a personal trait of humility, while simplicity describes things that are easy to understand or do. Use these words to express humility, describe objects, and encourage minimalism in lifestyle and design.