What is the antonym of “flopped”?
The antonyms of flopped are succeed, thrive, and prosper. These words convey a positive outcome or result, indicating that something has gone well or achieved its intended purpose.
Brief Definitions of the Antonym(s)
Learn when and how to use these words with these examples!
To accomplish a desired aim or result; to achieve success.
After years of hard work, she finally succeeded in starting her own business.
To grow or develop vigorously; to prosper or flourish.
The company thrived under his leadership, expanding its operations and increasing profits.
To be successful or fortunate, especially financially; to thrive or flourish.
Despite the economic downturn, some businesses managed to prosper by adapting to the changing market conditions.
How are these antonyms different from each other?
- 1Succeed implies achieving a specific goal or objective.
- 2Thrive suggests growth and development, often in a natural or organic way.
- 3Prosper refers to financial success or good fortune.
Good things to know
- 1Encourage Motivation: Use succeed, thrive, and prosper to inspire and motivate others to achieve their goals.
- 2Celebrate Achievements: Incorporate antonyms in congratulatory messages to acknowledge accomplishments.
- 3Enrich Vocabulary: Utilize these antonyms in writing and speaking to expand your vocabulary and express ideas more precisely.
The antonyms of flopped convey a positive outcome or result. Succeed implies achieving a specific goal, thrive suggests growth and development, and prosper refers to financial success. Use these words to encourage motivation, celebrate achievements, and enrich your vocabulary.