What is the antonym of “fluky”?
The antonyms of fluky are deliberate, intentional, and planned. The antonyms deliberate, intentional, and planned convey a sense of purposeful action or decision-making. It implies that the outcome was not left to chance or luck.
Brief Definitions of the Antonym(s)
Learn when and how to use these words with these examples!
Done consciously and intentionally; carefully considered.
She made a deliberate choice to pursue a career in medicine.
Done on purpose; deliberate.
He made an intentional effort to arrive early for the meeting.
Arranged in advance; premeditated.
The company had a planned expansion strategy for the next five years.
How are these antonyms different from each other?
- 1Deliberate implies careful consideration and thoughtfulness in decision-making.
- 2Intentional suggests a conscious and purposeful action.
- 3Planned refers to something that has been arranged or premeditated in advance.
Good things to know
- 1Enhance Communication: Use deliberate, intentional, and planned to convey purposeful action or decision-making.
- 2Show Clarity: Incorporate antonyms in conversations to demonstrate clear communication.
- 3Enrich Writing: Utilize these antonyms in writing to create a more precise and nuanced message.
The antonyms have distinct nuances: Deliberate conveys thoughtfulness, intentional suggests purposeful action, and planned refers to something arranged in advance. Use these words to enhance communication, show clarity in conversations, and enrich writing by creating a more precise and nuanced message.