What is the antonym of “flux”?
The antonyms of flux are stagnation and stillness. The antonyms stagnation and stillness convey a lack of movement or change. It implies a state of inactivity, immobility, or stability.
Brief Definitions of the Antonym(s)
Learn when and how to use these words with these examples!
A state of little or no activity, growth, or development; a lack of progress or advancement.
The company's profits have been in stagnation for the past year, with no signs of improvement.
The absence of movement or sound; a state of calmness or tranquility.
The stillness of the forest was only interrupted by the occasional chirping of birds.
How are these antonyms different from each other?
- 1Stagnation refers to a lack of progress or development, while flux implies constant change and movement.
- 2Stillness refers to the absence of movement or sound, while flux implies a continuous flow or transition.
Good things to know
- 1Business: Use stagnation to describe a lack of growth or progress in a company or industry.
- 2Nature: Use stillness to describe a peaceful or tranquil environment.
- 3Science: Use flux to describe a state of constant change or transition in a system or process.
The antonyms of flux are stagnation and stillness. Use stagnation to describe a lack of progress or development, stillness to describe a peaceful or tranquil environment, and flux to describe a state of constant change or transition in a system or process.