What is the antonym of “forbore”?
The antonyms of forbore are indulge, do, and act. The antonyms convey the opposite meaning of forbore, which means to restrain oneself from doing something.
Brief Definitions of the Antonym(s)
Learn when and how to use these words with these examples!
To allow oneself to enjoy something, especially something that is considered to be a luxury or pleasure.
She decided to indulge in a piece of chocolate cake despite being on a diet.
To perform an action or activity.
He had to do his homework before he could go out and play.
To take action or do something.
She had to act quickly to prevent the accident from happening.
How are these antonyms different from each other?
- 1Indulge implies giving in to one's desires or cravings, while forbore implies restraining oneself from doing something.
- 2Do and act are complementary antonyms that convey the opposite of forbore by suggesting taking action or doing something instead of refraining from it.
Good things to know
- 1Enhance Vocabulary: Use these antonyms to expand your vocabulary and express yourself more accurately.
- 2Improve Writing: Incorporate these antonyms in your writing to create more nuanced and descriptive texts.
- 3Enrich Conversations: Utilize these antonyms in conversations to express different shades of meaning and communicate more effectively.
The antonyms of forbore are indulge, do, and act. Indulge implies giving in to one's desires, while do and act convey the opposite of forbore by suggesting taking action or doing something instead of refraining from it. Use these antonyms to enhance your vocabulary, improve your writing, and enrich your conversations.