What is the antonym of “forceful”?
The antonyms of forceful are weak, feeble, and powerless. These words describe a lack of strength, power, or force.
Brief Definitions of the Antonym(s)
Learn when and how to use these words with these examples!
Lacking physical or mental strength; not strong.
He was too weak to lift the heavy box by himself.
Lacking physical or mental strength; weak.
The old man's voice was feeble and hard to hear.
Without power or ability; helpless.
The citizens felt powerless against the corrupt government.
How are these antonyms different from each other?
- 1Weak implies a lack of physical or mental strength.
- 2Feeble suggests a weakness that is more pronounced than weak.
- 3Powerless describes a complete lack of power or ability.
Good things to know
- 1Describing Physical Strength: Use weak and feeble to describe a lack of physical strength.
- 2Describing Mental Strength: Use weak to describe a lack of mental strength.
- 3Expressing Helplessness: Use powerless to describe a situation where one has no power or ability.
The antonyms of forceful are weak, feeble, and powerless. Weak implies a lack of physical or mental strength, feeble suggests a more pronounced weakness, and powerless describes a complete lack of power or ability. Use these words to describe physical or mental strength, express helplessness, and convey a lack of power or ability.