What is the antonym of “forgotten”?
The antonyms of forgotten are remembered, recalled, and memorized. These antonyms convey the opposite meaning of forgotten, which means to not remember something.
See all the antonyms of “forgotten”
Brief Definitions of the Antonym(s)
Learn when and how to use these words with these examples!
To have something in your memory or bring it back to your mind.
I remembered my friend's birthday and sent her a gift.
To bring back to one's mind, especially from memory.
She recalled the happy memories of her childhood.
To learn something by heart and be able to repeat it without looking at it.
He memorized all the multiplication tables and could recite them quickly.
How are these antonyms different from each other?
- 1Remembered is used when you have something in your memory or bring it back to your mind.
- 2Recalled is used when you bring something back to your mind, especially from memory.
- 3Memorized is used when you learn something by heart and can repeat it without looking at it.
Good things to know
- 1Enhance Memory: Use remembered, recalled, and memorized to improve your memory skills.
- 2Academic Writing: Incorporate these antonyms in essays to express ideas more effectively.
- 3Daily Conversation: Utilize these antonyms in conversations to express yourself more clearly.
The antonyms of forgotten are remembered, recalled, and memorized. Use these words to enhance your memory, improve your writing skills, and express yourself more clearly in daily conversations.