Definitions and Examples of strength, robustness
Learn when and how to use these words with these examples!
The quality or state of being physically strong; the capacity to withstand force or pressure.
He had the strength to lift the heavy box all by himself.
The quality or state of being strong and healthy; the ability to resist disease or infection.
The robustness of his immune system helped him recover quickly from the flu.
Key Differences: strength vs robustness
- 1Strength refers to physical power and the ability to withstand force or pressure.
- 2Robustness refers to overall health and the ability to resist disease or infection.
Effective Usage of strength, robustness
- 1Health and Fitness: Use strength and robustness to describe physical fitness and overall health.
- 2Productivity and Resilience: Incorporate these antonyms in conversations to describe the qualities needed for success and resilience.
- 3Creative Writing: Utilize these antonyms in narratives to create characters with distinct physical and emotional traits.
The antonyms have distinct nuances: Strength refers to physical power, while robustness refers to overall health. Use these words to describe physical fitness, overall health, productivity, resilience, and create compelling characters in creative writing.