What is the antonym of “freely”?
The antonyms of freely are restrictedly and cautiously. The antonyms restrictedly and cautiously convey a sense of limitation or caution in action or behavior.
Brief Definitions of the Antonym(s)
Learn when and how to use these words with these examples!
In a manner that is limited or constrained.
The artist painted restrictedly within the lines of the canvas.
In a manner that is careful, hesitant, or guarded.
She walked cautiously on the slippery pavement to avoid falling.
How are these antonyms different from each other?
- 1Restrictedly implies a sense of limitation or constraint, while freely implies a lack of restriction or constraint.
- 2Cautiously implies a sense of care, hesitation, or guardedness, while freely implies a lack of care or hesitation.
Good things to know
- 1Enhance Communication: Use restrictedly and cautiously to express limitations or caution effectively.
- 2Show Empathy: Incorporate antonyms in conversations to demonstrate understanding.
- 3Enrich Writing: Utilize these antonyms in narratives to create tension and suspense.
The antonyms have distinct nuances: Restrictedly conveys a sense of limitation or constraint, while cautiously implies a sense of care, hesitation, or guardedness. Use these words to enhance communication, show empathy in conversations, and enrich writing by creating tension and suspense.