What is the antonym of “fulfilment”?
The antonyms of fulfilment are disappointment and frustration. The antonyms disappointment and frustration convey a negative or unsatisfied emotional state. It implies a lack of fulfilment, satisfaction, or achievement.
Brief Definitions of the Antonym(s)
Learn when and how to use these words with these examples!
A feeling of sadness or displeasure caused by the non-fulfilment of one's hopes or expectations.
He felt a deep sense of disappointment when he didn't get the job he had applied for.
The feeling of being upset or annoyed as a result of being unable to achieve something.
She experienced a sense of frustration when she couldn't find her keys despite searching for them everywhere.
How are these antonyms different from each other?
- 1Disappointment is a feeling of sadness or displeasure caused by unfulfilled hopes or expectations.
- 2Frustration is a feeling of being upset or annoyed as a result of being unable to achieve something.
Good things to know
- 1Enhance Communication: Use disappointment and frustration to express emotions effectively.
- 2Show Empathy: Incorporate antonyms in conversations to demonstrate understanding.
- 3Enrich Storytelling: Utilize these antonyms in narratives to create relatable characters and compelling stories.
The antonyms have distinct nuances: Disappointment conveys sadness or displeasure caused by unfulfilled hopes or expectations, while frustration denotes being upset or annoyed due to inability to achieve something. Use these words to enhance communication, show empathy in conversations, and enrich storytelling by creating relatable characters and compelling narratives.