What is the antonym of “fullfil”?
The antonyms of fulfill are fail, disappoint, and frustrate. These words convey a negative outcome or an unmet expectation.
Brief Definitions of the Antonym(s)
Learn when and how to use these words with these examples!
To be unsuccessful in achieving a goal or objective.
He failed the exam because he didn't study enough.
To fail to meet someone's expectations or hopes.
The restaurant's food disappointed us because it wasn't as good as we expected.
To prevent someone from achieving a goal or fulfilling a desire.
The traffic frustrated him because it made him late for his appointment.
How are these antonyms different from each other?
- 1Fail implies a lack of success in achieving a goal or objective.
- 2Disappoint implies a failure to meet someone's expectations or hopes.
- 3Frustrate implies preventing someone from achieving a goal or fulfilling a desire.
Good things to know
- 1Enhance Communication: Use these antonyms to express negative outcomes or unmet expectations.
- 2Show Empathy: Incorporate these antonyms in conversations to demonstrate understanding.
- 3Enrich Vocabulary: Utilize these antonyms to expand your vocabulary and improve your writing skills.