What is the antonym of “fulminate”?
The antonyms of fulminate are praise and commend. The antonyms praise and commend convey a positive or approving sentiment. It implies a sense of admiration, approval, or respect.
Brief Definitions of the Antonym(s)
Learn when and how to use these words with these examples!
To express admiration or approval for someone or something.
The teacher praised the student for his excellent performance in the exam.
To express approval or admiration for someone or something, often by recommending or endorsing them.
The manager commended the employee for his hard work and dedication to the company.
How are these antonyms different from each other?
- 1Praise is a general term that describes an expression of admiration or approval.
- 2Commend is a more specific term that describes an expression of approval or endorsement.
Good things to know
- 1Enhance Communication: Use praise and commend to express approval or admiration effectively.
- 2Show Appreciation: Incorporate antonyms in conversations to demonstrate gratitude.
- 3Enrich Writing: Utilize these antonyms in narratives to create relatable characters and compelling stories.
The antonyms have distinct nuances: Praise conveys general admiration, while commend refers to an expression of approval or endorsement. Use these words to enhance communication, show appreciation in conversations, and enrich writing by creating relatable characters and compelling narratives.