What is the antonym of “fulmination”?
The antonyms of fulmination are praise and commendation. The antonyms praise and commendation convey a positive or approving sentiment. They imply admiration, approval, or respect.
Brief Definitions of the Antonym(s)
Learn when and how to use these words with these examples!
Expressing approval or admiration for someone or something.
The teacher gave him praise for his excellent performance in the class.
An expression of approval or admiration for someone or something.
The company received commendation for its outstanding contribution to the community.
How are these antonyms different from each other?
- 1Praise is a general term that describes an expression of approval or admiration.
- 2Commendation is a more formal term that denotes an official expression of approval or recognition.
Good things to know
- 1Enhance Communication: Use praise and commendation to express approval or admiration effectively.
- 2Show Appreciation: Incorporate antonyms in conversations to demonstrate gratitude or respect.
- 3Enrich Writing: Utilize these antonyms in writing to create a positive tone and convey a sense of admiration or approval.
The antonyms have distinct nuances: Praise conveys a general expression of approval or admiration, while commendation denotes an official expression of recognition. Use these words to enhance communication, show appreciation, and enrich writing by creating a positive tone and conveying a sense of admiration or approval.