What is the antonym of “garnering”?
The antonyms of garnering are distribute, disperse, and scatter. These words convey the opposite meaning of garnering, which means to collect or gather something.
Brief Definitions of the Antonym(s)
Learn when and how to use these words with these examples!
To give out or deliver something to a number of people.
The charity organization will distribute food and clothing to the homeless.
To scatter or spread something over a wide area.
The protesters were ordered to disperse by the police.
To throw or spread things in different directions.
The wind will scatter the leaves all over the garden.
How are these antonyms different from each other?
- 1Distribute implies giving out or delivering something to a number of people.
- 2Disperse suggests spreading something over a wide area.
- 3Scatter conveys throwing or spreading things in different directions.
Good things to know
- 1Enhance Vocabulary: Use these antonyms to expand your vocabulary and express ideas more accurately.
- 2Improve Writing: Incorporate these antonyms in your writing to create more vivid descriptions and varied sentence structures.
- 3Enrich Reading: Look for these antonyms in books and articles to understand their usage in context.