What is the antonym of “gets”?
The antonyms of gets are loses, gives, and misses. These words convey opposite meanings to the verb gets.
Brief Definitions of the Antonym(s)
Learn when and how to use these words with these examples!
To be deprived of something or someone that one had or possessed.
If you don't study hard, you will lose your chance to pass the exam.
To transfer the possession of something to someone else.
She gives her old clothes to charity every year.
To fail to hit, catch, or reach something aimed at.
He missed the train this morning because he overslept.
How are these antonyms different from each other?
- 1Loses refers to being deprived of something that one had or possessed.
- 2Gives refers to transferring the possession of something to someone else.
- 3Misses refers to failing to hit, catch, or reach something aimed at.
Good things to know
- 1Enhance Communication: Use these antonyms to express opposite meanings in conversations.
- 2Enrich Vocabulary: Incorporate these antonyms in writing to expand your vocabulary.
- 3Improve Comprehension: Learn these antonyms to understand the meaning of sentences better.
The antonyms of gets are loses, gives, and misses. These words convey opposite meanings to the verb gets. Use them to enhance communication, enrich vocabulary, and improve comprehension.