What is the antonym of “glorying”?
The antonyms of glorying are lamenting and regretting. The antonyms lamenting and regretting convey a negative emotional state. It implies a feeling of sadness, disappointment, or remorse.
Brief Definitions of the Antonym(s)
Learn when and how to use these words with these examples!
Expressing grief, sorrow, or regret for something.
She was lamenting the loss of her beloved pet.
Feeling sad, disappointed, or remorseful about something that has happened or been done.
He was regretting not taking the job offer when he had the chance.
How are these antonyms different from each other?
- 1Lamenting is a more poetic term that describes expressing grief or sorrow.
- 2Regretting is a more straightforward term that describes feeling sad or remorseful about something that has happened or been done.
Good things to know
- 1Enhance Communication: Use lamenting and regretting to express emotions effectively.
- 2Show Empathy: Incorporate antonyms in conversations to demonstrate understanding.
- 3Enrich Writing: Utilize these antonyms in narratives to create relatable characters and compelling stories.
The antonyms have distinct nuances: Lamenting conveys a poetic expression of grief or sorrow, while regretting is a more straightforward term that describes feeling sad or remorseful about something. Use these words to enhance communication, show empathy in conversations, and enrich writing by creating relatable characters and compelling narratives.