What is the antonym of “godlessness”?
The antonyms of godlessness are piety, devoutness, and faith. These antonyms convey a sense of religious devotion, belief, and reverence towards a higher power.
Brief Definitions of the Antonym(s)
Learn when and how to use these words with these examples!
The quality of being religious or reverent.
Her piety was evident in the way she prayed every day and attended church regularly.
The state of being deeply religious or committed to a particular faith.
His devoutness was apparent in the way he followed all the rituals and traditions of his religion.
Complete trust or confidence in someone or something; strong belief in a religion or God.
She had faith that everything would work out in the end, thanks to her belief in a higher power.
How are these antonyms different from each other?
- 1Piety refers to the quality of being religious or reverent, while devoutness describes the state of being deeply committed to a particular faith.
- 2Faith is a complementary antonym that describes a strong belief in a religion or God.
- 3Godlessness is a negative term that describes the absence of religious belief or reverence.
Good things to know
- 1Religious Discussions: Use these antonyms to discuss religious beliefs and practices.
- 2Writing: Incorporate these antonyms in writing to describe characters' religious beliefs and attitudes.
- 3Vocabulary Building: Learn these antonyms to expand your vocabulary and improve your communication skills.
The antonyms of godlessness convey a sense of religious devotion, belief, and reverence towards a higher power. Piety and devoutness describe the quality and state of being religious, while faith is a complementary antonym that describes a strong belief in a religion or God. Use these antonyms in religious discussions, writing, and vocabulary building to improve your communication skills.