What is the antonym of “greedless”?
The antonyms of greedless are greedy, selfish, and avaricious. These words describe a person's attitude towards material possessions and wealth. While greedless implies a lack of desire for material gain, the antonyms greedy, selfish, and avaricious suggest an excessive desire for wealth or possessions.
Brief Definitions of the Antonym(s)
Learn when and how to use these words with these examples!
Having or showing an excessive desire for wealth or possessions.
The CEO was accused of being greedy for taking a large bonus while laying off employees.
Lacking consideration for others; concerned chiefly with one's own personal profit or pleasure.
She was criticized for her selfish behavior when she refused to share her food with her hungry friend.
Having an extreme desire for wealth; greedy for riches.
The avaricious businessman would do anything to increase his profits, even if it meant exploiting his workers.
How are these antonyms different from each other?
- 1Greedy implies an excessive desire for wealth or possessions, often at the expense of others.
- 2Selfish suggests a lack of consideration for others and a focus on one's own personal profit or pleasure.
- 3Avaricious describes an extreme desire for wealth and riches, often accompanied by a willingness to exploit others.
Good things to know
- 1Improve Vocabulary: Learn these antonyms to expand your vocabulary and express yourself more precisely.
- 2Discuss Ethics: Use these words to discuss ethical issues related to wealth and material possessions.
- 3Analyze Characters: Analyze characters in literature or movies using these antonyms to understand their motivations and personality traits.
The antonyms of greedless are greedy, selfish, and avaricious. These words describe a person's attitude towards material possessions and wealth. Use them to improve your vocabulary, discuss ethical issues, and analyze characters in literature or movies.