What is the antonym of “grumblesome”?
The antonyms of grumblesome are content, satisfied, and pleased. These antonyms convey a positive emotional state, implying a sense of happiness, satisfaction, or pleasure.
Brief Definitions of the Antonym(s)
Learn when and how to use these words with these examples!
Feeling happy and satisfied with what one has; not desiring more.
After a long day at work, she felt content to relax on the couch and watch TV.
Feeling pleased and fulfilled with the outcome of something.
He was satisfied with his performance in the exam and knew he had done his best.
Feeling happy and satisfied with something that has happened.
She was pleased to hear that she got the job and thanked the interviewer for the opportunity.
How are these antonyms different from each other?
- 1Content implies a sense of satisfaction and not wanting more.
- 2Satisfied refers to feeling fulfilled with the outcome of something.
- 3Pleased conveys a sense of happiness and satisfaction with something that has happened.
Good things to know
- 1Express Gratitude: Use these antonyms to express gratitude and appreciation.
- 2Describe Emotions: Utilize these antonyms to describe positive emotions and feelings.
- 3Enrich Vocabulary: Incorporate these antonyms in writing and speaking to expand your vocabulary.
The antonyms of grumblesome convey a positive emotional state. Content implies satisfaction, satisfied refers to fulfillment, and pleased conveys happiness. Use these words to express gratitude, describe positive emotions, and enrich your vocabulary.