What is the antonym of “hardboiled”?
The antonyms of hardboiled are sentimental, romantic, and soft. The antonyms sentimental, romantic, and soft convey a different emotional state than hardboiled. They imply a more emotional, tender, or idealistic approach to life.
Brief Definitions of the Antonym(s)
Learn when and how to use these words with these examples!
Excessively prone to feelings of tenderness, sadness, or nostalgia.
She kept all the love letters from her ex-boyfriend because she is sentimental about their relationship.
Having an idealized or unrealistic view of love, relationships, or life in general.
He believes in the power of true love and thinks that every couple should have a romantic story to tell.
Tender, gentle, or sympathetic in nature; easily moved by emotions.
She has a soft spot for animals and can't resist adopting stray cats and dogs.
How are these antonyms different from each other?
- 1Sentimental implies an excessive attachment to emotions, memories, or people.
- 2Romantic implies an idealized or unrealistic view of love, relationships, or life in general.
- 3Soft implies a tender, gentle, or sympathetic nature that is easily moved by emotions.
Good things to know
- 1Literature: Use sentimental, romantic, and soft to create characters with different emotional traits and motivations.
- 2Relationships: Incorporate antonyms in conversations to express different attitudes towards love and romance.
- 3Film and TV: Utilize these antonyms to describe different genres, styles, or moods of movies and shows.