What is the antonym of “harmed”?
The antonyms of harmed are healed, repaired, and helped. These words convey a positive or neutral state, implying that the harm has been undone or mitigated.
Brief Definitions of the Antonym(s)
Learn when and how to use these words with these examples!
Restored to health or soundness; cured or mended.
After taking the prescribed medication, her wound was healed within a week.
Fixed or restored to working order; mended or renovated.
The mechanic repaired the car's engine and it ran smoothly again.
Assisted or aided in achieving a goal or overcoming a difficulty.
The volunteers helped the victims of the natural disaster by providing food and shelter.
How are these antonyms different from each other?
- 1Healed refers to a physical injury or illness that has been cured or mended.
- 2Repaired refers to an object or machine that has been fixed or restored to working order.
- 3Helped refers to a person or group that has received assistance or aid in achieving a goal or overcoming a difficulty.
Good things to know
- 1Healthcare: Use healed to describe a patient's recovery from an illness or injury.
- 2Maintenance: Use repaired to describe the restoration of an object or machine to working order.
- 3Social Services: Use helped to describe the assistance provided to people in need.
The antonyms of harmed are healed, repaired, and helped. These words convey a positive or neutral state, implying that the harm has been undone or mitigated. Use these words in healthcare, maintenance, and social services contexts to describe recovery, restoration, and assistance.