What is the antonym of “havoc”?
The antonyms of havoc are order, peace, and calm. The antonyms order, peace, and calm convey a state of tranquility, stability, and absence of chaos.
Brief Definitions of the Antonym(s)
Learn when and how to use these words with these examples!
A state of peace, stability, and organization.
The police were able to restore order after the rioters were dispersed.
A state of tranquility, calmness, and absence of conflict.
The treaty brought peace between the two warring nations.
Free from agitation, excitement, or disturbance; peaceful and serene.
The sea was calm and still, reflecting the blue sky above.
How are these antonyms different from each other?
- 1Order refers to a state of organization and stability, while havoc implies chaos and destruction.
- 2Peace is a state of tranquility and absence of conflict, while havoc suggests violence and turmoil.
- 3Calm describes a peaceful and serene state, while havoc conveys a sense of agitation and disturbance.
Good things to know
- 1Discuss Politics: Use order and peace to describe the state of a country or region.
- 2Describe Emotions: Use calm to describe a person's emotional state.
- 3Write Fiction: Use these antonyms in narratives to create tension and contrast between characters and settings.