What is the antonym of “healthier”?
The antonyms of healthier are unhealthy, unwholesome, and detrimental. These words describe something that is not good for your health or well-being.
Brief Definitions of the Antonym(s)
Learn when and how to use these words with these examples!
Not conducive to good health; harmful or detrimental to one's physical or mental well-being.
Eating too much junk food can lead to an unhealthy lifestyle.
Not promoting or contributing to good health; lacking in nutritional value.
Processed foods are often unwholesome and contain high amounts of sugar, salt, and unhealthy fats.
Causing harm or damage; having a negative impact on something.
Smoking is detrimental to your health and can cause lung cancer.
How are these antonyms different from each other?
- 1Unhealthy refers to something that is harmful or detrimental to one's physical or mental well-being.
- 2Unwholesome describes something that lacks nutritional value and is not good for your health.
- 3Detrimental refers to something that has a negative impact on something else.
Good things to know
- 1Health and Nutrition: Use these antonyms to describe foods or habits that are not good for your health.
- 2Fitness and Exercise: Incorporate these words to describe activities or behaviors that may be harmful to your physical well-being.
- 3Environmental Health: Utilize these antonyms to describe substances or practices that may be harmful to the environment.
The antonyms of healthier describe things that are not good for your health or well-being. Unhealthy refers to something that is harmful, unwholesome describes something that lacks nutritional value, and detrimental refers to something that has a negative impact. Use these words to talk about health, fitness, and environmental issues.