What is the antonym of “heartless”?
The antonym of heartless is compassionate, kind, and sympathetic. The antonyms compassionate, kind, and sympathetic convey a positive emotional state. It implies a willingness to understand and help others in need.
Brief Definitions of the Antonym(s)
Learn when and how to use these words with these examples!
Feeling or showing sympathy and concern for others' suffering.
The doctor was compassionate towards his patients and always went the extra mile to make them feel comfortable.
Having or showing a friendly, generous, and considerate nature.
She was always kind to her classmates and never hesitated to lend a helping hand.
Feeling or expressing compassion or understanding towards others' feelings or experiences.
The counselor was sympathetic towards the student's struggles and offered support and guidance.
How are these antonyms different from each other?
- 1Compassionate implies a deep understanding of others' suffering and a desire to alleviate it.
- 2Kind suggests a friendly and generous nature that seeks to help others without expecting anything in return.
- 3Sympathetic conveys an ability to understand and share others' feelings and experiences.
Good things to know
- 1Express Empathy: Use compassionate, kind, and sympathetic to show understanding and support towards others.
- 2Encourage Positive Behavior: Incorporate antonyms in conversations to encourage kindness and compassion towards others.
- 3Promote Social Harmony: Utilize these antonyms in narratives to promote social harmony and understanding among different groups.
The antonyms have distinct nuances: Compassionate implies a deep understanding of others' suffering, kind suggests a friendly and generous nature, and sympathetic conveys an ability to understand and share others' feelings. Use these words to express empathy, encourage positive behavior, and promote social harmony.