What is the antonym of “hebetation”?
The antonyms of hebetation are alertness and vivacity. The antonyms alertness and vivacity convey a state of being lively, energetic, and mentally sharp.
Brief Definitions of the Antonym(s)
Learn when and how to use these words with these examples!
The state of being watchful, attentive, and ready to act.
The soldiers were trained to maintain alertness at all times during their mission.
The quality of being lively, animated, and full of energy.
Her vivacity and enthusiasm for life were contagious and inspired everyone around her.
How are these antonyms different from each other?
- 1Alertness refers to a state of being watchful and attentive, while vivacity describes a quality of being lively and energetic.
- 2Alertness is a complementary antonym, while vivacity is a gradable antonym.
Good things to know
- 1Enhance Vocabulary: Use these antonyms to expand your vocabulary and express yourself more precisely.
- 2Improve Writing: Incorporate these antonyms in your writing to create vivid descriptions and engaging narratives.
- 3Enrich Conversations: Utilize these antonyms in conversations to express different shades of meaning and communicate more effectively.
The antonyms of hebetation are alertness and vivacity. Use alertness to describe a state of being watchful and attentive, and vivacity to describe a quality of being lively and energetic. These antonyms can help you enhance your vocabulary, improve your writing, and enrich your conversations.