What is the antonym of “heighday”?
The antonyms of heighday are nadir and bottom. The antonyms nadir and bottom convey a low point or the lowest level of something. It implies a lack of success, prosperity, or achievement.
Brief Definitions of the Antonym(s)
Learn when and how to use these words with these examples!
The lowest point in the fortunes of a person or organization.
After losing all his money in the stock market, he reached the nadir of his career.
The lowest point or part of something.
The company's profits hit rock bottom after the pandemic forced them to shut down.
How are these antonyms different from each other?
- 1Nadir is a more formal term that describes the lowest point in the fortunes of a person or organization.
- 2Bottom is a more general term that describes the lowest point or part of something.
Good things to know
- 1Enhance Vocabulary: Use nadir and bottom to expand your vocabulary and express ideas more precisely.
- 2Discuss Achievements: Use heighday and nadir to discuss the highs and lows of someone's career or an organization's fortunes.
- 3Analyze Trends: Use these antonyms to analyze trends in business, economics, or social issues.
The antonyms have distinct nuances: Nadir is a formal term that describes the lowest point in the fortunes of a person or organization, while bottom is a more general term that describes the lowest point or part of something. Use these words to enhance your vocabulary, discuss achievements, and analyze trends in various fields.