What is the antonym of “hifalutin”?
The antonyms of hifalutin are unpretentious and modest. The antonyms unpretentious and modest convey a humble or simple quality. It implies a lack of pretension, arrogance, or grandiosity.
Brief Definitions of the Antonym(s)
Learn when and how to use these words with these examples!
Not attempting to impress others with an appearance of greater importance, talent, or culture than is actually possessed.
She was known for her unpretentious style and down-to-earth personality.
Having or showing a moderate or humble estimate of one's merits, importance, or achievements.
Despite his success, he remained modest and never boasted about his accomplishments.
How are these antonyms different from each other?
- 1Unpretentious describes someone who does not try to impress others with their appearance, talent, or culture.
- 2Modest describes someone who has a humble or moderate estimate of their own merits, importance, or achievements.
Good things to know
- 1Social Interactions: Use unpretentious and modest to describe people who are humble and down-to-earth.
- 2Writing: Incorporate these antonyms in narratives to create relatable characters and realistic settings.
- 3Vocabulary Building: Learn and practice using these antonyms to expand your vocabulary and improve your communication skills.
The antonyms have distinct nuances: Unpretentious describes someone who does not try to impress others, while modest describes someone who has a humble estimate of their own merits. Use these words to describe people in social interactions, incorporate them in writing to create relatable characters and realistic settings, and learn and practice using them to expand your vocabulary and improve your communication skills.