What is the antonym of “highhandedness”?
The antonyms of highhandedness are humility and modesty. The antonyms humility and modesty convey a positive and humble attitude. It implies a lack of arrogance, pride, or conceit.
Brief Definitions of the Antonym(s)
Learn when and how to use these words with these examples!
A modest or low view of one's importance; humbleness.
He showed great humility by admitting his mistake and apologizing.
The quality of being unassuming or moderate in the estimation of one's abilities; lack of pretentiousness.
She was praised for her modesty and down-to-earth personality despite her success.
How are these antonyms different from each other?
- 1Humility is a personal quality that involves having a modest or low view of one's importance.
- 2Modesty is a behavioral trait that involves being unassuming or moderate in the estimation of one's abilities.
Good things to know
- 1Personal Development: Use humility and modesty to cultivate a positive and humble attitude.
- 2Social Interaction: Incorporate antonyms in conversations to demonstrate respect and appreciation for others.
- 3Professional Communication: Utilize these antonyms in the workplace to foster teamwork and collaboration.