What is the antonym of “hinder”?
The antonyms of hinder are aid, assist, and facilitate. These words convey the opposite meaning of hinder, which is to help or make something easier.
Brief Definitions of the Antonym(s)
Learn when and how to use these words with these examples!
To provide assistance or support to someone or something in need.
The government sent a team of doctors to aid the victims of the natural disaster.
To help someone with a task or problem.
She asked her friend to assist her with moving the heavy furniture.
To make a process or action easier or smoother.
The new software was designed to facilitate communication between team members.
How are these antonyms different from each other?
- 1Aid implies providing support or resources to someone in need.
- 2Assist implies helping someone with a specific task or problem.
- 3Facilitate implies making a process or action easier or smoother.
Good things to know
- 1Business: Use aid, assist, and facilitate in business contexts to describe processes, projects, and teamwork.
- 2Education: Incorporate these antonyms in educational settings to teach students about teamwork and collaboration.
- 3Daily Life: Use these words in daily conversations to describe how you help others or how they help you.
The antonyms of hinder are aid, assist, and facilitate. These words have different nuances: Aid implies providing support, assist implies helping with a task, and facilitate implies making a process easier. Use these words in business, education, and daily life contexts to describe teamwork, collaboration, and helping others.