What is the antonym of “historial”?
The antonyms of historical are current, modern, and contemporary. The antonyms current, modern, and contemporary convey a sense of present or recent times, as opposed to the past.
Brief Definitions of the Antonym(s)
Learn when and how to use these words with these examples!
Belonging to the present time; happening or existing now.
The current situation requires immediate action.
Relating to the present or recent times as opposed to the remote past.
The building's design is modern and sleek.
Belonging to the same period of time; modern or current.
The artist's work is considered contemporary and innovative.
How are these antonyms different from each other?
- 1Current refers to something that is happening or existing now.
- 2Modern refers to something that is related to the present or recent times.
- 3Contemporary refers to something that belongs to the same period of time.
Good things to know
- 1Enhance Communication: Use these antonyms to describe different time periods in history.
- 2Show Contrast: Incorporate antonyms in conversations to show the difference between past and present.
- 3Enrich Writing: Utilize these antonyms in writing to create vivid descriptions and convey a sense of time.
The antonyms have distinct nuances: Current refers to something happening now, modern refers to something related to present or recent times, and contemporary refers to something belonging to the same period of time. Use these words to enhance communication, show contrast in conversations, and enrich writing by creating vivid descriptions and conveying a sense of time.