What is the antonym of “humored”?
The antonyms of humored are displease, offend, and disgust. These words convey a negative reaction to something that is said or done. They imply that the person is not amused or entertained by what they see or hear.
Brief Definitions of the Antonym(s)
Learn when and how to use these words with these examples!
To cause annoyance, dissatisfaction, or displeasure.
The loud music from the party next door displeased the neighbors.
To cause hurt, anger, or resentment by an action or remark.
His insensitive comment about her weight offended her.
To cause a strong feeling of revulsion or nausea.
The sight of the moldy bread in the fridge disgusted her.
How are these antonyms different from each other?
- 1Displease is a milder term that describes a feeling of annoyance or dissatisfaction.
- 2Offend is a stronger term that describes a feeling of hurt, anger, or resentment.
- 3Disgust is the strongest term that describes a feeling of revulsion or nausea.
Good things to know
- 1Be Mindful: Use these antonyms carefully to avoid offending or displeasing others.
- 2Express Disapproval: Use these words to express disapproval of something that is said or done.
- 3Improve Writing: Incorporate these antonyms in writing to create more nuanced characters and situations.