What is the antonym of “humoring”?
The antonyms of humoring are disregard and neglect. The antonyms disregard and neglect convey a lack of attention or consideration towards someone or something.
Brief Definitions of the Antonym(s)
Learn when and how to use these words with these examples!
To pay no attention to; ignore.
He chose to disregard the warning signs and ended up getting lost in the woods.
To fail to care for properly; ignore one's responsibilities towards.
She was accused of neglecting her children by leaving them alone at home for hours.
How are these antonyms different from each other?
- 1Disregard implies a conscious decision to ignore or pay no attention to something or someone.
- 2Neglect implies a failure to fulfill one's responsibilities or duties towards something or someone.
Good things to know
- 1In Personal Relationships: Use these antonyms to describe how someone is treating you or how you are treating someone else.
- 2In Professional Settings: Use these antonyms to describe how someone is handling their work or responsibilities.
- 3In Writing: Use these antonyms to create contrast and emphasize the importance of paying attention or fulfilling responsibilities.
The antonyms of humoring are disregard and neglect. Disregard implies a conscious decision to ignore, while neglect implies a failure to fulfill responsibilities. These antonyms can be used in personal relationships, professional settings, and writing to create contrast and emphasize the importance of paying attention or fulfilling responsibilities.