What is the antonym of “hyperfine”?
The antonyms of hyperfine are imprecise, inaccurate, and vague. These words convey the opposite meaning of hyperfine, which means extremely precise or detailed.
Brief Definitions of the Antonym(s)
Learn when and how to use these words with these examples!
Not exact or accurate; lacking in precision.
The map was imprecise and did not show the correct location of the town.
Not correct or exact; containing errors or mistakes.
The news report was inaccurate and did not provide the correct information.
Not clearly or precisely expressed; lacking in detail or specificity.
The instructions were vague and did not provide enough information to complete the task.
How are these antonyms different from each other?
- 1Imprecise suggests a lack of exactness or accuracy, but not necessarily containing errors or mistakes.
- 2Inaccurate implies that something is not correct or exact and contains errors or mistakes.
- 3Vague indicates a lack of clarity or specificity and is not clearly or precisely expressed.
Good things to know
- 1Science: Use these antonyms when discussing scientific experiments that require precise measurements.
- 2Writing: Incorporate these antonyms in writing to describe characters or settings that lack detail or specificity.
- 3Everyday Conversation: Use these antonyms to describe situations where information is unclear or imprecise.
The antonyms of hyperfine are imprecise, inaccurate, and vague. These words convey the opposite meaning of hyperfine, which means extremely precise or detailed. Use these words in scientific discussions, writing, or everyday conversations to describe situations where information is unclear or imprecise.