What is the antonym of “hypermodest”?
The antonyms of hypermodest are immodest, arrogant, and conceited. These words convey a lack of humility or modesty.
Brief Definitions of the Antonym(s)
Learn when and how to use these words with these examples!
Lacking humility or modesty; excessively confident or boastful.
She was criticized for her immodest behavior during the interview.
Having an exaggerated sense of one's own importance or abilities; displaying a lack of respect for others.
His arrogant attitude made it hard for him to make friends.
Excessively proud of oneself; vain.
She was so conceited that she couldn't stop talking about herself.
How are these antonyms different from each other?
- 1Immodest refers to a lack of humility or modesty, often accompanied by excessive confidence or boasting.
- 2Arrogant describes someone who has an exaggerated sense of their own importance or abilities and shows a lack of respect for others.
- 3Conceited refers to someone who is excessively proud of themselves and vain.
Good things to know
- 1Enhance Communication: Use these antonyms to describe people who lack humility or modesty.
- 2Show Empathy: Incorporate these words in conversations to demonstrate understanding.
- 3Enrich Storytelling: Utilize these antonyms in narratives to create complex characters and compelling stories.
The antonyms of hypermodest are immodest, arrogant, and conceited. These words describe people who lack humility or modesty and have distinct nuances. Use them to enhance communication, show empathy, and enrich storytelling.