What is the antonym of “hyperstatic”?
The antonyms of hyperstatic are relaxed, loose, and slack. These words describe a state of being that is opposite to hyperstatic, which means rigid or stiff.
Brief Definitions of the Antonym(s)
Learn when and how to use these words with these examples!
Feeling calm and at ease; not tense or anxious.
After a long day at work, she likes to take a hot bath and listen to music to feel relaxed.
Not tight or firmly fixed in place; free from constraint.
The dress was too loose for her, so she had to get it altered.
Lacking tension or firmness; loose or flabby.
The rope was slack and couldn't hold the weight of the heavy box.
How are these antonyms different from each other?
- 1Relaxed describes a feeling of calmness and ease, while hyperstatic implies rigidity and stiffness.
- 2Loose refers to something that is not tight or firmly fixed, while hyperstatic suggests a state of being that is too rigid.
- 3Slack describes something that is lacking tension or firmness, while hyperstatic implies an excessive amount of tension.
Good things to know
- 1Enhance Vocabulary: Use these antonyms to expand your vocabulary and express yourself more precisely.
- 2Improve Writing: Incorporate these antonyms in your writing to create vivid descriptions and convey nuanced meanings.
- 3Enrich Conversations: Utilize these antonyms in conversations to express your thoughts and feelings accurately.