What is the antonym of “icily”?
The antonym of icily is warmly and cordially. The antonyms warmly and cordially convey a friendly and welcoming emotional state. It implies a sense of kindness, affection, or goodwill.
Brief Definitions of the Antonym(s)
Learn when and how to use these words with these examples!
In a friendly and welcoming manner; with kindness and affection.
She greeted us warmly and invited us inside for tea.
In a warm and friendly manner; with sincere goodwill.
He smiled cordially and shook our hands as we entered the room.
How are these antonyms different from each other?
- 1Warmly suggests a sense of kindness and affection, while cordially implies sincere goodwill.
- 2Cordially is often used in formal settings, such as business meetings or official events, while warmly can be used in both formal and informal contexts.
Good things to know
- 1Enhance Communication: Use warmly and cordially to express friendliness and goodwill effectively.
- 2Show Professionalism: Incorporate cordially in formal settings to demonstrate respect and sincerity.
- 3Enrich Social Interactions: Utilize these antonyms in conversations to create a welcoming and friendly atmosphere.
The antonyms have distinct nuances: Warmly conveys kindness and affection, while cordially implies sincere goodwill. Use these words to enhance communication, show professionalism in formal settings, and enrich social interactions by creating a welcoming and friendly atmosphere.