What is the antonym of “iconoclast”?
The antonyms of iconoclast are conformist and traditionalist. An iconoclast is someone who challenges or breaks with established beliefs or traditions, while a conformist adheres to them. A traditionalist is someone who values and preserves traditional customs and practices.
Brief Definitions of the Antonym(s)
Learn when and how to use these words with these examples!
A person who conforms to accepted behavior or established practices.
She was a conformist who always followed the rules and never questioned authority.
A person who upholds or values traditional customs or beliefs.
He was a traditionalist who believed in preserving cultural heritage and customs.
How are these antonyms different from each other?
- 1Conformist refers to someone who follows established practices or norms, while an iconoclast challenges or breaks with them.
- 2Traditionalist refers to someone who values and preserves traditional customs and practices, while an iconoclast may reject or challenge them.
Good things to know
- 1Enhance Vocabulary: Use these antonyms to expand your vocabulary and express different ideas.
- 2Discuss Beliefs: Incorporate these words in discussions about beliefs, values, and customs.
- 3Analyze Characters: Use these antonyms to analyze characters in literature or media who conform to or challenge established norms.
The antonyms of iconoclast are conformist and traditionalist. A conformist follows established practices, while a traditionalist values and preserves traditional customs. Use these words to enhance your vocabulary, discuss beliefs, and analyze characters in literature or media.