What is the antonym of “immitigable”?
The antonym of immitigable are mitigable, controllable, and curable. These words convey the opposite meaning of immitigable, which means something that cannot be lessened or made milder.
Brief Definitions of the Antonym(s)
Learn when and how to use these words with these examples!
Capable of being lessened, alleviated, or made milder.
The doctor assured the patient that his pain was mitigable with medication.
Able to be managed, regulated, or restrained.
The teacher found the class to be controllable despite their initial rowdiness.
Able to be healed, treated, or remedied.
The doctor reassured the patient that his illness was curable with proper treatment.
How are these antonyms different from each other?
- 1Mitigable refers to something that can be lessened or made milder.
- 2Controllable refers to something that can be managed or restrained.
- 3Curable refers to something that can be healed or remedied.
Good things to know
- 1Medical Context: Use mitigable and curable in medical contexts to describe illnesses and symptoms.
- 2Environmental Context: Use mitigable and controllable in environmental contexts to describe pollution and damage control.
- 3Emotional Context: Use mitigable and controllable in emotional contexts to describe feelings and reactions.