What is the antonym of “immunity”?
The antonyms of immunity are susceptibility and vulnerability. These words describe the opposite of immunity, which is the ability to resist or fight off infections, diseases, or harmful substances.
Brief Definitions of the Antonym(s)
Learn when and how to use these words with these examples!
The state or condition of being easily affected or influenced by something.
Due to his weak immune system, he had a high susceptibility to catching colds and flu.
The state or condition of being exposed to danger, harm, or attack.
The elderly are more prone to fall injuries due to their vulnerability to physical harm.
How are these antonyms different from each other?
- 1Susceptibility refers to the ease with which one can be affected or influenced by something, such as a disease or an idea.
- 2Vulnerability refers to the exposure to danger, harm, or attack, such as physical or emotional harm.
Good things to know
- 1Healthcare: Use these antonyms in medical contexts to describe the body's ability to resist or succumb to diseases.
- 2Psychology: Incorporate these antonyms in discussions about mental health to describe resilience or susceptibility to stressors.
- 3Security: Utilize these antonyms in conversations about safety and protection to describe the level of risk or exposure to threats.