The Opposite(Antonym) of “impertinent”
The antonym of impertinent are polite, respectful, and courteous. These words convey a positive and respectful attitude towards others. They imply a sense of consideration, kindness, and good manners.
Definitions and Examples of polite, respectful, courteous
Learn when and how to use these words with these examples!
Having or showing good manners; courteous and considerate.
She was always polite to her guests, offering them refreshments and making them feel welcome.
Showing deference and esteem towards others; treating them with dignity and honor.
He was always respectful towards his elders, listening to their advice and seeking their guidance.
Behaving in a polite and gracious manner; showing respect and consideration for others.
The receptionist was courteous to the visitors, greeting them with a smile and assisting them with their queries.
Key Differences: polite vs respectful vs courteous
- 1Polite emphasizes good manners and consideration for others.
- 2Respectful emphasizes deference and esteem towards others.
- 3Courteous emphasizes graciousness and respect for others.
Effective Usage of polite, respectful, courteous
- 1Social Interaction: Use these antonyms to communicate effectively and respectfully with others.
- 2Professional Communication: Incorporate these antonyms in emails, letters, and other forms of professional communication to convey a positive and respectful tone.
- 3Customer Service: Use these antonyms to provide excellent customer service by showing respect and consideration towards customers.
The antonyms of impertinent are polite, respectful, and courteous. These words convey a positive and respectful attitude towards others, emphasizing good manners, deference, and graciousness. Use these antonyms in social and professional communication to show respect and consideration towards others.