What is the antonym of “impetuousness”?
The antonyms of impetuousness are deliberation, caution, and prudence. These antonyms convey a sense of thoughtfulness, carefulness, and consideration. They imply a lack of impulsiveness or recklessness.
Brief Definitions of the Antonym(s)
Learn when and how to use these words with these examples!
The act of carefully considering or discussing something before making a decision.
After much deliberation, they decided to invest in the stock market.
The quality of being careful and avoiding risks or danger.
He advised his friend to proceed with caution when investing in the new business.
The ability to make wise decisions and avoid unnecessary risks.
She showed great prudence by saving money for emergencies.
How are these antonyms different from each other?
- 1Deliberation implies a thoughtful and careful consideration of options before making a decision.
- 2Caution suggests a careful approach to avoid risks or danger.
- 3Prudence conveys a sense of wisdom and good judgement in decision-making.
Good things to know
- 1Business: Use deliberation and prudence to describe careful planning and decision-making in business contexts.
- 2Safety: Use caution to warn others about potential dangers or risks.
- 3Advice: Incorporate these antonyms in advice-giving to suggest a thoughtful and careful approach to decision-making.